Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sweet Potato Muffins

These are the best muffins ever. I got the recipie from magazine called Wondertime and of course, had to modify it to the tastes of the little gobblers in the house (myself included-I love them!). Here it is:

*Mix the following until creamy:
1 stick of butter softened
3/4 cup honey
2 large eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk (or just regular milk. I don't think it really matters here.)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup sweet potato (or up to 1 1/3 cup)

*Mix the following and add to above mixture until just blended:
2 cups flour (1 whole wheat, 1 white)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp gound ginger
1 tsp cinnamon (I like cinnamo so I usually add a heaping teaspoon)
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Bake at 350 for about 14 minutes for mini muffins, or 18-20 for regular sized. These freeze well too. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment