Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Birthday (part 2)

It was good to be back home, and it was good to finally have relief from the pain.  I was advised to walk around and try to get back to doing normal things, taking it easy and lifting NOTHING!  I also showered.  After ten days, I was pretty stinky.  (Actually, really stinky. Just ask Lee!)  Where were the kids, and what were they doing during all this time?  They were having a GREAT vacation.  Sleepovers at Lee's parents, my parents and Aunt Sharon's were just right for them!  They didn't miss me one bit!  Thanks all for helping with the kids!! 

Now that it's the end of April, I can honestly say that I have 98% recovered.  I have an occasional, very slight tingling in my ankle and toes, but it is ignored with any kind of activity or distraction.  I sit on a "fit disc" in the car, similar to sitting on a ball, but smaller (obviously).  Thanks mom!!  I walk, I do my core excercises, and I pay attention to how I lift (light things-don't worry).  I'm taking care of myself, because I do NOT want to go through all of THAT again!

So, back to my birthday present!!  Lee took me in last Tuesday at 8:30 to get my eyes corrected.  It was a bit scary, and a bit horrible as my eye's were secured open while they sliced and lasered them, but boy was it worth it!!!  I left one hour later with near perfect vision.  20/20 in one eye 20/40 in the other (over time it should progress to 20/20)!  Pretty good! I'll take it!  Thanks mom and dad for the very best birthday present ever!!!  You are the best!!!

4 comments: